Returns & Exchanges
IVANZi is a marketplace that hosts independent creatives and entrepreneurs. As such, there are varying store policies according to each seller. Please read below to see the overarching rules regarding cancellations, returns & exchanges and refunds.
How Are Cancellations Handled?
As a seller, you may initiate a cancellation of an order. Buyers who wish to cancel an order should ask the seller through iVANZiChat. If the buyer has already submitted his/her payment, it is mandatory that you issue a full refund once the order has been cancelled. You are also encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event that a dispute does arise.
Moreover, a seller may cancel a transaction under the following circumstances:
- Both the seller and the buyer have--prior to shipment-- agreed to cancel the transaction, while the buyer has also been issued a full refund.
- A seller has decided to refuse service to the buyer, and-if in such case the buyer has already paid in full- the seller must issue a full refund.
- Although proof of shipping has been provided, the buyer did not receive the item(s) ordered, and a refund for the item has therefore been issued. (Refund shipping is optional, unless the buyer paid with Direct Payments, in which case the item(s) must be refunded in full).
- Both seller and buyer agree that the item could in fact be returned for a refund, (Refund shipping is optional, unless the buyer paid with Direct Payments, in which case the item(s) must be refunded in full).
Canceling an Order for the seller
To cancel an order please go to your seller’s dashboard and locate the order number for the transaction that you wish to cancel. In the order section, select ‘Cancel order.’ Leave a note for the buyer explaining why you are canceling the order. iVANZi will send notification to you and the buyer. As a best practice, we recommend cancelling an order within the first 24 to 48 hours once you’ve determined that you are unable to fulfill an order.
Returns & Exchanges
We are a marketplace built upon the core values of trust, transparency and integrity. As a result customer service and satisfaction is at the utmost of our priorities. Therefore, we have adopted a unified return policy. As a seller, this obligates you to provide clear and coherent return policies on your store’s homepage. Such return policies include (but are not limited to):
- Allowing retail customers 7 calendar days to return an item from the date received.
- Assuming return shipment costs if you are the responsible party in a dispute.
- Exchanging items of the same likeness, equal value or quality.
Moreover, certain items are ineligible for return or exchange. Such objects include:
- Custom Made Orders/ Made to Order
- Not in original packaging/ Not in a sellable condition
- Has been used/ worn
If an item is in fact returned or exchanged--via either the return policies listed above, or those agreed upon via direct message with the retailer--it is mandatory that you:
- Issue a refund for the returned item(s)
- Provide iVANZi with proof of shipping for a replacement item
If you have any problem whatsoever with a transaction, first contact the retail buyer via direct message. Buyers are also encouraged to contact you if they experience any miscellaneous issues.
How are exchanges handled?
Exchanges are handled between you and the buyer. Such an agreement must be established and agreed upon before the item(s) is(are) shipped. If exchanges are allowed, you must fulfill your obligation to accept a returned item and exchange it according to your preceding agreement.
The iVANZi marketplace hosts many different sellers with varying refund policies. Please be sure to check the seller’s page to determine whether the seller accepts returns (this information can be found on the store’s policy tab of the respective seller’s page). After doing so, contact the seller through iVANZiChat to ask specific questions regarding their particular refund policy. As a seller, your refund policy should be thorough and explicitly stated. Please note that it is not obligatory for sellers to accept refunds. However, you may--at your own discretion--accept refunds on a case-by-case basis.
In the event of a refund, it is highly recommended to arrive at a return agreement between yourself and the buyer. It is suggested that the return agreement include a timeframe for the return before shipment has been made. When shipping back the item(s), please make sure to:
- Obtain confirmation from the seller that the store will accept your return.
- Have a proper return address for the seller.
- Have an agreement in place regarding whether you or the seller will assume responsibility for the cost of return shipping.
- Obtain shipping and tracking information (we strongly recommend keeping these for your records).
Initiating a Return Merchandise Agreement (RMA)
- After the buyer makes a purchase, the order is shown in both user and seller dashboard.
- The Seller will ship the product and add the tracking information (carrier and tracking number) from their dashboard to the order in the “Order Details” page.
- Once the product is delivered to the buyer, the system will change the order status to delivered.
- Buyers can raise the request through the RMA link in the dashboard for the respective items for up to 7 days after making a purchase.
- Once the buyer places a RMA request, it will appear on the seller’s dashboard (Note: An email will also be sent to seller) under RMA link, and here, the seller will have 3 choices from the drop down RMA menu. The choices are as follows:
- Accept: This means the seller has accepted the RMA and the buyer needs to ship the items---An email will be sent to the buyer to enter the consignment number.
- Approved: This means the seller has received the shipment and the administrator can refund the amount—Send an email to iVANZi and buyer indicating the RMA as successful.
- Declined (Dispute Option): This means that the seller has rejected the RMA and there is a dispute. The refund should be stopped and after the dispute is cleared the payment is released offline. An Email will then be sent to the iVANZi and buyer.
- The seller can accept or decline the RMA request. If the seller accepts the RMA, the status is changed to accepted. The buyer will be shown a field to enter the tracking number of the shipment.
- The buyer ships back the items to the seller and enters the tracking information. This information is updated on the sellers’ and buyers’ dashboard.
- Once the seller receives the goods, they then check the condition of the products and change the RMA status to “Approved”. The RMA is then complete. The amount released to the respective parties is calculated (in accordance with seller, buyer and Ivanzi commission).
- iVANZi will then create a report of the successful orders (Orders with dispute options are not excluded). This report will include the details of the amount to be released to buyer, seller and iVANZi commission, based on the report iVANZi will settle the amount to the parties.
Do I have to follow iVANZi’s Unified Return Policy?
Yes. We have formulated our return policy based on customer surveys and research of best practices for our industry. Having a unified return policy ensures transparency and well-defined guidelines across both retailers and buyers. Additionally, it must be noted that retailers have seven (7) calendar days to return an item upon receipt.
If you have any further questions or comments, please send an email to [email protected]